Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day Nine - A Day In Egypt



Day Nine was spent with my mother-in-law, my wife and her friend at a King Tut exhibit at the Atlanta Civic Centre (thus the day late post).

It was pretty cool, looking at stuff from 1000's of years ago: statues made of calcite, intricate jewellery of gold, etc etc. And yet the thing that sticks most with me was... (drum roll) A TOILET SEAT.

Yes, Roger would be proud. :) Of all the ancient relics and history on display, I was most fascinated by a square of marble (I think it was marble) with a slight concave depression and a "keyhole" shaped hole through about half of it (see above).

After that we ventured to another ancient site - a dodgy looking cafeteria that was once featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives". It looked terrible on the outside (see below), it was horribly overcrowded. The food looked disgusting... and yet; it was very very tasty.

So much for my perceptions, huh? hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment