Monday, June 1, 2009

Casting Call for 'The Haunter Of The Dark'


Hi fellow bloggers!

For my upcoming movie 'The Haunter Of The Dark', I require some important Voice Over roles filled.

(Should you succeed, you'll be joining Richard Grove and JetCityWoman in the cast).

Please consider auditioning for the following:


DOCTOR DEXTER
Blake's acquaintance. A cultured American voice. Not many lines, but a very important role.

Accent: American.
Gender: Male.
Age: Adult.
Audition line:

"Well, Sir, I would have to disagree
with your findings. My own
conclusion is vastly different...
and I intend to act on it."



PATROLMAN MONOHAN
An Irish policeman (who'd have thought!) I have two people interested in this role, but it is still open to auditions (including the two interested parties!)

Accent: Irish.
Gender: Male.
Age: Adult.
Audition line:

"I tell you, if Father O’Malley were alive today, there’d be many a thing he could tell you of that old Church."


EDWIN LILLIBRIDGE
A newspaper reporter (American). Gritty, down to earth kind of guy.

Accent: American.
Gender: Male.
Age: Adult.
Audition line (note: read as diary entry, not as spoken word):

"Father O’Malley tells of devil-worship with box found in great Egyptian ruins - says they call up something that can’t exist in light."


ITALIAN SHOPKEEPER
This guy needs a decent Italian accent. In fact, if you happen to be able to speak Italian, that would be handy as he has a few lines in that language (which need to be checked for accuracy...)

Accent: Italian.
Gender: Male.
Age: Adult.
Audition lines:

"Um, er, sorry Sir, I no understand."

"Siamo spiacenti, non parlano inglese."


CORONER'S PHYSICIAN
Another cultured accent, slightly pompous.

Accent: American (preferred, but not essential. Pompous English would work...)
Age: Adult.
Gender: Male.
Audition line:

"Nature has shown herself capable of many freakish performances, Doctor Dexter."


LARGE CROWD OF MALE AND FEMALE ITALIAN/AMERICANS
As the bulk of these people appear in a crowd scene, you can have any accent. I'd like a fair number of people to make a significant crowd 'sound'...

(No audition required, just send me your lines!)
Accent: Any (prefer Italian, but not necessary)
Age: Any
Gender: Any
Lines:

"mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble" (general crowd noise)

"Oooohhhh..." (awed)


"Argh!" (frightened)


"May God be with you and bless you" (blessing - English)


and/or

"Che Dio sia con voi e vi benedico" (blessing - Italian)


--


Please send your audition lines to: biggstrek @ comcast . net - and don't forget to include your preferred name or Userid for credit purposes.

Depending on performances, availability, etc, I may require a second audition line (to break deadlocks).

If you haven't seen it, check out the Teaser to get a feeling of what you're getting involved in.

:)

3 comments:

  1. I hope I get to do something for the crowd scene! I can say things like "ciao" and "bella pizza" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the one I'm gonna go for; audition will be in the mail tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, jes! I thin' I can do-ah somma Itrrrallian, paisan!

    ReplyDelete