Sunday, December 1, 2013

AdRev on YouTube driving me nuts

Hey All,

I just wanted to rant a little about AdRev on YouTube.  Of late, I have received 3 Claims on several of my videos from AdRev, saying that I was using material owned by the people they represent.  Of course it's pure BS as all the music I use was either created by me, or was supplied by Lionhead.

It is extremely annoying, and the lovely little "if you dispute our claim, we may sue you" notice that pops up is quite intimidating.  But nevertheless, I shall dispute each and every one of their bogus claims, even if the videos have had less than 100 views.  It's the principle of the thing.

I feel like an ant trying to bit the toe of an elephant, but I'll keeping biting.  And maybe if me and my ant buddies bite enough times, the elephant might start to notice...

[EDIT: I sent some emails to AdRev and remarkably they responded and withdrew their claims.  So next time (and I'm sure there'll be a next time) I won't worry with the YouTube dispute system and will just go to AdRev directly.  Still a pain in the ass having to do ANYthing considering I've done nothing wrong.

And it turns out one of the claims was through a different company, CD Baby.  I've emailed them, too.  We'll see how they respond, if at all.  Still not happy about any of this!]

[2nd EDIT:  Well, this is ridiculous.  Just as soon as they pulled their false claims, the numb nuts at AdRev have falsely claimed copyright on ANOTHER of my videos.  F*cking insane!  Will this harassment ever end?!?!?]

[3rd EDIT:  Hopefully the last update.  The final false claim has been removed with a promise that AdRev will not longer attempt to claim anything from my channel.  Hip-hoo-f*cking-ray!]

No comments:

Post a Comment